With version 5.5.0 of Iperius Backup a new important feature is introduced: virtual machine replication for VMware ESXi and vCenter. This feature allows you to have a clone of one or more virtual machines, which can then be started directly from backup in case the main machine crashes. Replication can be scheduled at established days and times, to have a perfect failover policy.
Among the other news of the latest versions:
- SQL Server backup: the COPY-ONLY option is added
- MySQL backup: added possibility to choose the encoding of the backup file: UTF-8 or Unicode
- Backup to Tape: added the ability to copy only the files modified before or after a certain date.
- Ransomware Protection: some new file extensions have been correctly managed
- Backup ESXi and vCenter: significantly increased backup speed, especially on network destinations, NAS, etc.
- Backup to Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox: different optimizations
- Incremental FTP backup: added option to perform a new full on a specific day of the week
- Improvements and minor fixes on Iperius Console and Iperius Console Agent
- MySQL backup: fixed “unknown data type” error with JSON fields
- Oracle backup: the software incorrectly reported an alert even if the backup was completed successfully
- Cloud backup: now the temporary files left on the server are correctly deleted
Download Iperius Backup now from this page: https://www.iperiusbackup.com
For any information or support, open a ticket on https://support.iperius.net