With version 6.3.0 Iperius Backup introduces an important feature for VMware ESXi backup: the restore of individual files from the backup of virtual machines and the possibility to extract any file or folder from a .VMDK file.
Thanks to this new function, it will be sufficient to select an incremental or differential backup to recover files or folders from a specific date, without the need to do a complete recovery of the entire virtual machine. Iperius already has a similar function to open VHD or VHDX files and extract individual files (thus from drive image backups or Hyper-V backups).
In version 6.3.0 we also have fixed some problems concerning Amazon S3: now it is possible to perform backups even on buckets that have permission restrictions, and that are for example accessible only with specific user credentials.
Interesting news also regarding the backup of Exchange Online (Office 365): now the backup is more stable and efficient, and it is possible to save the mailboxes also on .PST files (while before only on single .EML files).
Worthy of note are the news regarding the other products of the Iperius suite:
- Iperius Console: now it is possible to connect in remote desktop with the monitored computers (using Iperius Remote as a plug-in from the Windows application of Iperius Console)
- Iperius Console: now it is possible to receive push notifications on your mobile phone every time a backup is performed or when a backup has ended with errors
- Iperius Console App: improved interface and functionality
- Iperius Remote App: finally available the Iperius Remote App for Android
- Iperius Remote: improved stability and performance
- Iperius Remote: now the software works correctly even when the user account has no administrative privileges
Update all your Iperius suite software immediately and try the new features!