Yes, of course. Iperius supports hot backup of any version and any configuration of VMware ESXi and includes the incremental and differential backup also of ESXi Free (CBT / VDDK).
The features of Iperius make it one of the most complete and affordable software in the world for VMware virtual machine backup:
- Backup for any version of ESXi: 4.x, 5.x, 6.x
- Backup of unlimited virtual machines or hosts reachable on the network through a single license
- Incremental and differential backup (CBT / VDDK), also for ESXi Free
- Backup to NAS, Tape LTO, FTP and Cloud (Amazon S3, Google Drive, etc.)
- Backup of virtual machines on ESXi Cluster
- Backup of virtual machines on vCenter
- VM Replication and backup from host to host
- Automatic Restore of virtual machines from specific incremental backups and even on different hosts
- Light and efficient backup mode, totally agentless
VMware vSphere Hypervisor, also called ESXi Free, is a free bare-metal hypervisor that allows you to virtualize computers and servers. The installation requires a machine with certified or otherwise compatible hardware. The configuration and management of virtual machines takes place via a web interface or through a dedicated Windows application, ie connecting to the physical machine that hosts the ESXi system and its virtual machines.
For more information on VMware vSphere Hypervisor, see this link: https://www.vmware.com/it/products/vsphere-hypervisor.html
To see how easy it is to back up ESXi virtual machines with Iperius, see this tutorial: https://www.iperiusbackup.net/backup-esxi-vsphere-hypervisor-esxi-free-iperius-backup/