Iperius Console is a complete software for IT management and remote monitoring of workstations and servers. With Iperius Console it is possible to check the health status of remote computers and the status of the backup procedures, thanks to the integration with the other products of the Iperius suite. Starting from version 2.2.0, Iperius Console allows you to configure the so-called PUSH notifications, to receive immediate notification messages on your Android or iOS mobile devices and to be informed about the success of backup jobs.
- To add a computer to Iperius Console and check the success of backup procedures, Iperius Console Agent must be installed on the remote computer (see the related tutorial), and configured using a specific license code and the name of a workgroup. At that point, we will have the computer connected and visible inside Iperius Console.
- The next step is to protect the computer (endpoint) using Iperius Backup. We can download it from the official website (https://www.iperiusbackup.com) and activate it with the activation code that can be generated following the purchase of a license (only paid editions of Iperius Backup can be integrated with Iperius Console). Then proceed connecting Iperius Backup with the Console Agent that you have installed on the same machine (see the related tutorial).
- Install the Iperius Console App for Android and iOS. You can do that from the Play Store or from the Apple Store
Enable push notifications
At this point, when you perform a backup with Iperius Backup, this will send to the Iperius Console all the information about the job you’ve run, including the presence of any errors. In the Console interface you will therefore find a report like the one shown in the following image:
On the line of each backup job (which will appear after the first backup that is made and notified to the Console) you can see some important information and some buttons, with which you can perform different actions.
Each backup job can be launched remotely from this window, simply by clicking the appropriate button. Moreover, it will be possible to modify the scheduling of each job remotely.
But the function that interests us most is the one related to Notifications. To enable them just click on the icon that represents a bell. We can click on it several times to change its status. The possible status are the following:
- Gray: notifications disabled
- Black: notifications will be sent each time a backup si performed
- Red: notifications will be sent only in case errors occurred during the backup
To receive notifications on you smartphone, you must have installed the Iperius Console App.
Sign in from the App at least once with your credentials (received after the purchase of a license) to enable the reception of push notifications (on iOS it may be necessary to click on a confirmation message).
Now perform a backup, and wait for its completion to receive the instant notification on your mobile phone.
Let’s see a push notification example in the image below:
Iperius Console, thanks to its advanced features, the App for Android and iOS and the push notifications, is a versatile and very useful tool for the security of your data, since it allows you to be informed in real time of any problem that may occur in backup operations. Maximum control, maximum safety, maximum reactivity.
We remind you that, starting from Iperius Console 2.2.0, it is possible to connect via remote desktop with the computers monitored thanks to the integration with Iperius Remote (see the related tutorial).